From: "Jon Harrison" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] installing acpi w/ rc5
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 18:41:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 20:43:28 -0400, Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

>First, which CPU do you have in your T61, Jon?

Same one that came with the t61   ;)
It worked on acpi under rc4.

Lets see now.... Intel core2 T9300 @ 2.5gHz

>Next, I set up SMP using the ACPI wizard instead of doing it manually (as I
>did with my Proliant server).

I tried that first, it didn't work right for me.  First off, it
didn't copy the smp files over the w4 files.  I had to do that
manually.

>I'm sure that line reads:
>
>PSD=ACPI.PSD /SMP /APIC
>
>(not /ACPI)

Right, and that is what I used under rc4.  But an earlier email
from Chuck mentioned /acpi but not /smp (coulda been an omission).
Then this ayem I got one from Joachim in reply to a ticket I
created.  He mentioned /acpi but not /smp.  So that is where my
comment came from.  I tried both switches also and it doesn't work.

>Try changing to PIC from APIC (or just leave off /APIC).

Urghhhh.  /APIC.  I'm using /ACPI.  Jezzzz.  Love those random
thoughts!
But..... /apic still hangs at screen01.

and /pic is the same hang.

>Check that your ACPI.CFG is clean (default). You should find that either in
>\OS2\BOOT or %ETC% (can't recall right now).

It's in boot and all statements in that file are commented out, so
it's clean, if that is what all comments in a that file means.

>Just some random thoughts off the top of my head.

Appreciate those random comments.

Jon