From: "madodel" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] installing acpi w/ rc5
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 16:18:02 -0400

Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
On 09/02/08 02:54 pm, Greg Jarvis thus wrote :
On Mon, 01 Sep 2008 20:46:38 -0700 (PDT), Jon Harrison wrote:

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 00:03:54 +0200 (CEST), Frank Vos wrote:

The correct line in config.sys should be:
DEVICE=C:\AMouse\AMOUSE.SYS SMP

Frank:

I checked my config.sys and that parameter is present.  I also note that I have another line in my config.sys for ..\amouse\usbmouse.sys.  I
assume this is correct also but find it interesting that 2 drivers are loaded for the mouse.

I've been computing along now for a few hours, including a reboot or two and the system is more stable than I can recall.  However, I really
miss that external mouse!

Jon

Hi

Try installing rc5 with another driver. In install setup you can chose
another mouse driver.

Indeed. Chuck and I have both found the IBM mouse driver to be more "predictable" on ThinkPads in general (I know he's mentioned the T61 to me, but I've found it that way for some time). Try the IBM single mouse driver, Jon, and see how that works for you. Just curious.

I have had the same experience with both my T42p and my T61.  I needed to switch to the IBM smouse driver instead of amouse.  Which was strange because I had used amouse for years on other systems without a problem. But with the amouse the trackpoint didn't work right on either Thinkpad, but works fine with smouse.

Mark