From: "Andy Willis" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] installing acpi w/ rc5
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 09:19:31 -0600

Jon Harrison wrote:
On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 15:39:08 -0400, Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

Indeed. Chuck and I have both found the IBM mouse driver to be more
"predictable" on ThinkPads in general (I know he's mentioned the T61 to
me, but I've found it that way for some time). Try the IBM single mouse
driver, Jon, and see how that works for you. Just curious.

Lewis:

Nice call.  I still can't boot w/ the usb mouse attached but with
IBM driver instead of Amouse the eraser stick is smooth and no
hiccups like I was getting before.  And I found I can attach the
usb mouse after bootup and it works great as long as I remember to
remove it at shutdown!  Before I was getting hangs w/ xWlan&  XWP.
Haven't had any problems with a few hours of operations&  2
restarts.

One nit: I didn't know how to 'install' the mouse object (other
than manually changing the config.sys in 2 places).  So I decided
to let ecsMT do it for me.  Well, it doesn't make a mouse object,
it apparently uses the object that is registered to that<wpmouse>.
  I guess it presumes that it is replacing only the ibm mouse.  All
that said, my Amouse object now has the ibm mouse driver attached
to it.  It's only cosmetic's.  I guess I could change the name of
the object but I don't know if all the tabs within the object are
the same or if they changed when the driver changed.

Anyway, thanks for the tip, it seems to be working well and next I
can tackle uniaud.  By the time I get this sorted out rc6 will
probably be rolling out and I can start this exercise all over
again ;)

Jon

Do you have a USB Mouse and USB keyboard attached?  One thing I have found is that if I have both attached directly via the 2 built in ports of my T42 it will stop the boot process at a certain point and I have to unplug one or the other.  I can then plug it in again and it will work fine after the boot proceeds.  If I plug a hub into the mix I know longer have the problem. Haven't had a chance to check this yet on the T61, need to reinstall eCS again on it as I messed the system up when I was testing kernel changes for use with /APIC.
Andy