From: "Chuck McKinnis" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] Mice (was Re: [eCS T60/T61] installing acpi w/ rc5
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2008 08:24:48 -0600

Julian Thomas wrote:
In <list-2038619@2rosenthals.com>, on 09/02/08    at 03:39 PM, "Lewis G Rosenthal" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> typed:
Indeed. Chuck and I have both found the IBM mouse driver to be more "predictable" on ThinkPads in general (I know he's mentioned the T61 to me, but I've found it that way for some time). Try the IBM single mouse driver, Jon, and see how that works for you. Just curious.

On this T60 I have the standard IBM driver and also USBmouse. Works OK
with either the trackpoint or the external mouse (I use the trackpoint; MJ
uses the rodent) with the external plugged in.

Only problem is that sometimes the trackpoint cursor wanders; I believe
this is a hardware/bios issue. At any rate I can usually cure it for a
while by slamming the pointer against an edge of the screen.

I have seen this same "wandering" behavior and agree that it appears to be a hardware/BIOS issue.

--
Chuck McKinnis
1449 State Highway 14 N