From: "Carl Gehr" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] Alt-F7 Key Combination to Switch Displays
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:54:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 19:35:10 -0600, Chuck McKinnis wrote:

>Carl Gehr wrote:
>> One problem I have is not being able to switch from the LCD to
>> [ideally] Both the LCD and a Projector.  This is normally when I am at
>> a conference.  it is really irritating to have to change the BIOS for
>> this.  And, worse when I can usually get only one or the other of the
>> displays to work, but not both.
>>
>> Anyone have a solution to this?
>
>My T61 appears to have 2 video cards.  I just tried Fn+F7, and nothing
>happens.  I just changed the video boot device to VGA + LCD, and Fn+F7
>now seems to still do nothing.

Same behavior I see.  The only way to get the VGA to work is to set it
as the boot device and boot with the cable attached to the projector.
Most of the time [but, strangely, not all] it then boots with the VGA,
but not the LCD.  This is really a pain when trying to do a
presentation, because I have to keep looking at the big screen instead
of just glancing down at the TPad that is normally right in front of
me.

The TPad On-Screen Display [TPOSD] will often show both as being set,
but most of the time, it doesn't work as shown.

Really seems like this should be a high priority for someone.

Carl