ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com ?????????????? ????? #285

???: "Carl Gehr" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> ?? ????
?????????
??: Re: [eCS T60/T61] @#$%&* trackpad - T60
??: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 12:00:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 11:32:44 -0400, Julian Thomas wrote:

>Is there a way in the bios or config.sys to disable the blasted thing?  We
>keep moving the cursor when we don't mean to.

Yes!!!!
Just hit the BLUE ThinkVantage button on the Keyboard during the start
of the boot proces [while the ThinkPad logo is on the screen].  This
will get you a prompt that, I believe, says hit F1 to go to the BIOS
application.

There are a bunch of items to pick from the main menu.  I don't
remember the exact names, but it will either say Keyboard or Pointing
device or...  Should be obvious.

Then, just select "Disable" for the touch pad.

Save the settings and forget it.  [I did this on the very first boot of
the machine out of the box; never been back to that section of the
BIOS!]

Couldn't be easier... [except that you have to reboot to do it.]

?????????