From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] @#$%&* trackpad - T60
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 12:04:49 -0400

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 09:50:18 -0600
 "Andy Willis" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> wrote:
Julian Thomas wrote:
Is there a way in the bios or config.sys to disable the blasted thing?  We
keep moving the cursor when we don't mean to.

Yes, I turn the crappy thing off in the BIOS myself.  Its under config but I can't look to say where under there right now.

I think most of us kill these blasted things. Julian, try CONFIG | Keyboard/Mouse. You should be able to disable the UltraNav (touchpad) from there.

It's become next to impossible to even order a new ThinkPad without the d-mn thing. Every time I sit down to one which hasn't been turned off, I think that the pointer has become possessed...

Lewis G Rosenthal, CNA, CLE, CLP
Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
New York / Northern Virginia