From: "Jon Harrison" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] Lenovo malware
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 19:37:36 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 13:42:45 -0500 (EST), Carl Gehr wrote:

>I assume it is not part of what
>a user would get as a result of normal XP updates, but I want
>to be sure.

Carl:

I don't have any knowledge beyond what I posted.  The post said that Lenovo fixed the problem so I
presume this was a problem during a specific period of time.  Perhaps if you google you can find
more info.  I only posted it because the TP comes with either Linux or Windows and I assumed some
users kept the installed OS and added eCS to the drive by shrinking the partition.

The way I read it, this applies only to Windows and doing a maintenance upgrade (patch) from
Lenovo.

Yesterday I ran the update from Lenovo on my XP partition and then scanned with the latest AVG
definitions and it came up clean.

Jon