From: "Carl Gehr" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] Lenovo malware
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 23:54:11 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 19:37:36 -0800 (PST), Jon Harrison wrote:

>On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 13:42:45 -0500 (EST), Carl Gehr wrote:
>
>>I assume it is not part of what
>>a user would get as a result of normal XP updates, but I want
>>to be sure.
>
>Carl:
>
>I don't have any knowledge beyond what I posted.  The post said that Lenovo fixed the problem so I
>presume this was a problem during a specific period of time.  Perhaps if you google you can find
>more info.  I only posted it because the TP comes with either Linux or Windows and I assumed some
>users kept the installed OS and added eCS to the drive by shrinking the partition.
>
>The way I read it, this applies only to Windows and doing a maintenance upgrade (patch) from
>Lenovo.
>
>Yesterday I ran the update from Lenovo on my XP partition and then scanned with the latest AVG
>definitions and it came up clean.

Thanks, Jon!  I think I now understand the situation.

I'm not sure my T60 has been booted to XP since the first few weeks
that I had it - Almost two years ago.  But, some friends and family do
not understand that and ask me about Windoze anyhow.  They do not
understand that I'm clueless about such things.

Thanks again,
Carl