????????? #339 ?????? ?????? ???????? ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com

??: "Carl Gehr" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> ?????? ?????????
?????????????? ?????????
????: Re: [eCS T60/T61] Random Trap 008's with T60
????: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 14:00:54 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 2:07:52 -0500, Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

>On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 17:13:21 +0945 "Paul Smedley" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com>
>wrote:
>>Hi Gang,
>>
>>I've had this problem for a while, but have never worried too much about
>>it as the T60 is basically just a hack machine for testing things out on
>>when I don't want to trash my desktop, but since my monitor died on my
>>last night after a power cut, my desktop is useless, so I'm using the
>>T60 full time until I can get the monitor repaired.
>>
>>Anyway, to the problem - the T60 works great in normal use, the only
>>problem is if I leave it idle for a while, I come back and find the
>>system sitting at a trap dump screen (Trap 0008).
>>
>>Any suggestions?
>>
>>Currently running eCS v2 rc6a (although same trap appeared with older
>>rc's too). I might try using Panorama in place of Snap and see if that
>>helps, other than than I have no clue :(
>>
>Hi, Paul...
>
>A couple things come to mind:
>
>Power management & GenMAC
>
>Which Win32 driver is in your wrapper directory? I updated some a while
>back, but I'd have to look to see if the few I submitted cover the T60 (I
>believe they do/did). Try turning off all power mgmt on the system. Check
>the BIOS & embedded controller firmware versions against the latest
>available from Lenovo.
>
>If you do swap video drivers, remember that the SDD helper driver improves
>Panorama performance by several orders of magnitude, & appears to be safe
>(by all accounts thusfar, AFAIK).

FWIW, I have just recently begun to experience similar problems with my
T60.

The thing that makes my situation very strange is I have not made any
changes to my system in any way for about six months, with one
exception:  I have refreshed SeaMonkey a couple of times as Peter W.
has released his enhanced updates.  No changes whatsoever to ACPI or
GenMac, and I use SNAP instead of Panorama.

Most, but not all of the cases that I recall have occurred when the
system was idle and the Screen Saver was active. I use the Iterated
Function System (IFS) in motion screen saver; written by Doodle.  [I've
got it set up with a password to keep the grandkids away if I'm not
watching! :-). ]  But, again, no changes to the system for a long time.
 So, why this would just start is a bit of a mystery.

Carl