From: "Carl Gehr" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] Random Trap 008's with T60
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 22:43:37 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 21:30:12 -0500, Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

>Carl's post is interesting. Do you have the screensaver enabled, by
>chance? When idle, do you have Firefox and/or SeaMonkey loaded? (I would
>see the latter as more related to the GenMAC/power management issue;
>i.e., the NIC throttles down, and upon waking up, causes the trap. Scott
>told me once (2002?) that trap 8's are almost always hardware related
>(interrupts), so I'm thinking of what might leave an interrupt hot...

Maybe not so interesting... [I have no clue!]

BUT, when my system is sitting [supposedly idle], I guess it really is
not!  Why?  Because I have PMMail set to retrieve mail automatically on
SIX different E-Mail accounts.  Since they typically were not first
primed at the same time, all six do not really hit at the same time.
OTOH, 'idle' would, I guess, not really be a completely valid
statement.  Thus the NIC might not actually 'throttle down' if it takes
a period of no activity longer than four minutes to trigger it.

Just thought I'd better mention this so no one goes off on a wild goose
chase.

Carl