From: "Andy Willis" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] looking for a laptop
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 15:22:13 -0600

Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
Hi, Tim!

On 04/06/09 02:06 pm, Tim Stephen thus wrote :
I might be in the market for a laptop for ecs.  Anyone running ecs successfully on a t61 with network/audio/battery management etc.?    Why would anyone say "dreaded widescreen lcds' in the context of talk about ecs and ibm/lenovo laptops?  Is there no adequate video driver?
Sorry that nobody has apparently replied to your post in so many days...

ACPI does work to some extent on the T61, as do audio and networking (the Intel cards have that nasty issue where they report a nul MAC address; depending upon your switch/router hardware & possibly your DHCP server, this may or may not be an issue). Wi-Fi works quite well.

I suggest you review the archives of this list for some other impressions. I don't use a T61 daily (I'm still working with my T43), but I did spend quite a bit of time getting my wife's working - before I broke it, again - so others on this list may be of greater assistance with your "pre-sales" questions than I.

Cheers.

I recently posted my experience on a T61 I was issued at work.  Overall I am impressed enough that I wish I could get one of my own.  My audio works with the very latest uniaud.  I had no issues with wireless nor wired connections.  I personally don't like widescreens (at least not the low resolution one that I have 1440x900 is too short).  Both Snap (VESA mode) and Panorama are able to drive this at its native widescreen resolution (Intel integrated graphics).
"[eCS T60/T61] eCS 2.0 RC6a on T61" is the subject of that report.
Andy