From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] OT - T500
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 23:00:28 -0400

On 05/07/09 01:41 pm, Lothar Frommhold thus wrote :
Hello everyone:

I recently picked up a Lenovo thinkpad T500, which was recommended as the successor of the T60/T61 models. eCS v.2.0 RC6a installed fine with VGA only driver, but SNAP and PANORAMA don't seem to work. Did someone succeed in getting better screens than VGA?

I am also interested in multi-boot with a flavor of linux (along with eCS). Is there a linux video driver that works better than VGA with the T500?

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
Hi, Lothar...

I have no experience with this model, so cannot comment on your issue directly. That said, for everyone's edification, here's one review of the new T500 model:

http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=4565

I see a mention of being able to switch video chipsets (that's what the review says) between the Intel X4500 and the ATI 3650. Evidently, the machine has two graphics chipsets on board, which is surely quite odd. Perhaps there is a BIOS switch in addition to the Windy control...

Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?                www.hautspot.com
Treasurer, Warpstock Corporation            www.warpstock.org