From: "Lothar Frommhold" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] OT - T500
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 09:20:15 -0500

Dear Lewis:

Over the weekend I looked into your interesting remark concerning the two graphic chipsets of the T500. Lenova offers "integrated" and "switchable" graphics with the T500 and my model (2081 CTO) is switchable, using the BIOS set-up. I spent a few hours over the weekend to install eCS 2.0 RC6a and getting away from the "VGA only" limitation. At this point, I have not succeeded yet, but I feel like I still have a few things to try. Many thanks for drawing my attention to that feature - there might be a way (or a double chance) to get better screen resolution with that model after all.

Lothar

Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
<snip>
I see a mention of being able to switch video chipsets (that's what the review says) between the Intel X4500 and the ATI 3650. Evidently, the machine has two graphics chipsets on board, which is surely quite odd. Perhaps there is a BIOS switch in addition to the Windy control...