From: "Andy Willis" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] question about installing OS/2 and Ubuntu on a T61p
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 13:20:48 -0600

Lothar Frommhold wrote:
Hello to everyone:

I need to install OS/2-eCS2.0 (RC6a) and Ubuntu (or rather the Kubuntu variety) on a T61p. Does someone in this newsgroup have some experience? I wonder what one should do:

1. Try to multi-boot Kubuntu and eCS? Would this work?
2. Install Kubuntu and run eCS in a virtual machine as a guest? (64 bit VMWare 4.0 supports OS/2 4.51)
3. Install VMWare and run Kubuntu and eCs as guests? (The T61p processor is a T9300, ready to support virtual machines.)

If someone knows of a "how-to" to do any of the three choices above, could you please let me know? Any help or clue you might be able to give is appreciated!

Lothar

I have Windows, ecs, and Ubuntu on a T61 here (actually I pulled the hard drive and stuck in it a Z61M now).  I have all 3 on the Boot manager and then installed grub on its own 7Mb partition (smallest I could create).  I did this because I could not get Ubuntu to boot correctly from Grub when I tried to put it in the Ubuntu partition.  Oddly, Debian did not have that problem when I had tried it.  I installed Ubuntu on JFS but I created the Grub partition as ext2.  I don't recall what was being seen by eCS initially but it was causing an internal processing error on boot (even from CD).  I believe I hid the Grub extension as I recall.
Andy