From: "Julian Thomas" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] question about installing OS/2 and Ubuntu ona T61p
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 21:17:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 23:31:03 +0100 Gerry Prosser wrote:

>I recommend using Boot Manager and GRUB, but contrary to what Lewis
>has said, I would NOT put GRUB in the /boot partition. That way seems
>to lead to disaster and inability to boot the ECS installation CD let
>alone ECS itself, just as Andy says. Don't even bother creating a
>/boot partition.

Not sure what the problem is with that.

>Do the partitioning with eCS and install Boot Manager and then eCS.
>Then install Ubuntu and put GRUB into the root partition.

I did this on a machine with Centos (not Ubuntu) and put grub in /boot (a separate partition). It all works very
nicely.  Used DFSee to partition, installed XP, boot manager, eCS, and Centos.

--
 Julian Thomas:   jt@jt-mj.net    http://jt-mj.net
 In the beautiful Genesee Valley of Western New York State!