From: "Lothar Frommhold" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] question about installing OS/2 and Ubuntu on a T61p
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 16:36:47 -0500

Many thanks to all of you! I have started to install eCS RC6a on a clean hard disk, which worked well. Now I shall add Ubuntu (not Kubuntu - thanks Chuck!) but there will be some travel so that I will soon be incommunicado for two weeks.
Lothar

Chuck McKinnis wrote:
Lothar Frommhold wrote:
Hello to everyone:

I need to install OS/2-eCS2.0 (RC6a) and Ubuntu (or rather the Kubuntu variety) on a T61p. Does someone in this newsgroup have some experience? I wonder what one should do:

1. Try to multi-boot Kubuntu and eCS? Would this work?
2. Install Kubuntu and run eCS in a virtual machine as a guest? (64 bit VMWare 4.0 supports OS/2 4.51)
3. Install VMWare and run Kubuntu and eCs as guests? (The T61p processor is a T9300, ready to support virtual machines.)

If someone knows of a "how-to" to do any of the three choices above, could you please let me know? Any help or clue you might be able to give is appreciated!

Lothar

Come to Warpstock and see it for real.  I run WinXP, Ubuntu, and eCS on my T61.  I use the IBM Boot Manager and install GRUB into the Ubuntu partition.

I used to have Kubuntu, but I got so frustrated dealing the KDE4 that I finally gave up and went to Ubuntu.  The KDE folks seem to be trying to make it be more and more like Windoze (we know best type of thing), and I finally gave up on it.