From: "Lothar Frommhold" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: T61p wireless confusion
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:04:05 -0500
To: ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com

Upon my return from travel I am attempting to set up the wireless connections with my T61p (6459-CTO). The basic installation of eCS 2.0 RC6a  was straight-forward, except for the wireless part: either I did not load the proper drivers or did something else wrong and need help now.

I think Mark told me that the T6x use the Intel 3945 ABG mini card (if that is the right word to use here). There are , however two different choices in the GenMac wrapper, namely
   Intel 3945 a/b/g (8086:4227) and
   Intel 3945 a/b/g (8086:xxxx) (with another number xxxx which I forgot).
Neither one seems to work for me. In both cases I get a message that no driver was found.
I mention that on the backside of the thinkpad a label says that the
   (23S) 802.11 A/G/N
is built in; a MAC address is also given there, which I did not know how to use. Is that possibly a card different from the cards found in other T6x?

Lothar