From: "Carl Gehr" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] multibooting eCS and Ubuntu on a T6x
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 11:37:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:26:48 -0500, Lothar Frommhold wrote:

>How does one actually set up a T61p so that one can boot to either
>eCS2.0 RC6a or Ubuntu 9.04? (I don't care about other OSs at this
>point). For example, suppose I installed the IBM boot manager first with
>eCS using half or so of the hard disk, leaving the other half blank. How
>would I proceed to install Grubb (the linux boot manager, which I think
>one needs) and then Ubuntu? Is there a step-by-step instruction
>somewhere available that might help me? Any help you may be able to give
>is appreciated!

Lothar,

You MAY find this a little helpful:
"Ubuntu Linux: The easy installation guide"
>http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9123878&source=NLT_AM

It does not mention the OS/2 BootManager, but does refer to multi-boot
with Windoze.  I have not looked at it since it was first published
and, even then, I did not understand all that I read.

I would also like to see a modification to the steps above for eCS.  I
already have two eCS and the original 'Doze partitions in my BM.  I've
been afraid to try to add Ubuntu for fear of clobbering what now works
just fine.

Have fun!  ;-)

Carl