From: "Julian Thomas" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] multibooting eCS and Ubuntu on a T6x
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 12:44:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:26:48 -0500 Lothar Frommhold wrote:

>How does one actually set up a T61p so that one can boot to either
>eCS2.0 RC6a or Ubuntu 9.04? (I don't care about other OSs at this
>point). For example, suppose I installed the IBM boot manager first with
>eCS using half or so of the hard disk, leaving the other half blank. How
>would I proceed to install Grubb (the linux boot manager, which I think
>one needs) and then Ubuntu? Is there a step-by-step instruction
>somewhere available that might help me? Any help you may be able to give
>is appreciated!

You need to get the advanced install CD image for Ubuntu - don't try to install from the Live CD. Partition the drive
with whatever Linux partitions you want, and include a /boot partition of about 100meg; add it to the boot manager
menu. When you get to the stuff about installing grub, don't install it to the MBR, but navigate through the settings
(I've not done this with Ubuntu, so can't be more precise) and install it in /boot.
--
 Julian Thomas:   jt@jt-mj.net    http://jt-mj.net
 In the beautiful Genesee Valley of Western New York State!