From: "madodel" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] multibooting eCS and Ubuntu on a T6x
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 15:29:43 -0400

Lothar Frommhold wrote:
How does one actually set up a T61p so that one can boot to either eCS2.0 RC6a or Ubuntu 9.04? (I don't care about other OSs at this point). For example, suppose I installed the IBM boot manager first with eCS using half or so of the hard disk, leaving the other half blank. How would I proceed to install Grubb (the linux boot manager, which I think one needs) and then Ubuntu? Is there a step-by-step instruction somewhere available that might help me? Any help you may be able to give is appreciated!

Lothar

Lothar,

I already had eCS 2.0 RC6a installed.  I had deleted the original Lenovo installed SLED 10 partition completely.  I then installed OpenSUSE 11.0 on my T61 using DFSee to create the root and swap partitions.  Not sure about Ubuntu but for OpenSUSE I had to tell it to install grub to the root/boot partition or else it would wipe out Boot Manager in the MBR.  Then on boot Grub actually showed the Boot Manager as a bootable volume.  But I added OpenSUSE to BM and boot everything from there.

Mark