From: "Lothar Frommhold" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: about the T61p video driver
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 12:50:11 -0500
To: Lothar Frommhold <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com>

Hello everyone!

The installation of eCS RC6a on a T61p was straight-forward, at least for everything I really need. There is one feature though that is less than what one needs, concerning the video driver. I use Snap at 1040x760 (or so), 16 MB depth, and it is SLOW. Directory listings of many files take too much time; the light box mode of PMView takes too long to display; work with the browser (seamonkey) is often very slow, etc. Would someone have a suggestion of what one could try to speed up the display some? Is there a way?

Lothar