From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] T61p wireless confusion - SOLVED
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 14:11:03 -0400

On 07/14/09 11:05 am, Lothar Frommhold thus wrote :
Many thanks for all your advise! I tried Carl's "best advise" (which sounded really great!) first, but - alas! - the program works only in 32-bit machines, and mine is 64-bit. Then I tried to use warpin to install the macwrapper (even though it was already installed with the wrong drivers during the installation of RC6) and - wonder of wonders! - it told me right away that I had an Intel 4965 a/g/n (8086:4230) chip in my T61p computer - just what Lewis said. I tried without success to uninstall the wrong drivers, but could not. (I am not too good with these things... probably my fault.) Finally, I reinstalled eCS2.0 RC6a from scratch, this time with the correct genmac drivers, and wireless works just fine now. Many thanks again for your kind help to all of you!

Mazel tov! :-)

Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?                www.hautspot.com
Warpstock - Albuquerque, NM, Aug 7-9, 2009  www.warpstock.org