From: "Jon" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Installing rc7 on T61
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 11:53:59 -0700 (PDT)

Has anyone installed the Silver Edition on a TP61?

My first installed trapped on the fat32 driver.

I had added acpi to the optional list to install.  That gave me PSD=ACPI.PSD in my config.sys.
Perhaps I should not have added acpi to the list since the dual core should have detected it and
apparently did not.

I then changed the config.sys to PSD=ACPI.PSD /SMP /ACPI and restarted.  Then it trapped loading
cdfs.

I rem'd out acpi and rebooted and the install completed.

Bottom line, inspite of what I read in the readme, if acpi is not detected automatically in the
preboot screen, don't select to add it.  You can add it with the post-install wizard.

Now I'm going to reformat and do it again to verify this really is valid info.

HTH,
Jon