From: "madodel" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] Installing rc7 on T61
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 21:14:09 -0400

Jon wrote:
On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 15:35:13 -0500 Lothar Frommhold wrote:

Installation was straight-forward: not a single problem was in my way, as far as I remember, except initially for the built-in wireless, which is now solved. Snap was not as good as the other video driver (forgot the name), which works well.

Lothar:

Ok, thanks.  That other video is Panarama and that is the one I'm selecting.

I am now on my third reinstall.  The second one hung while installing faxworks.  I am now not selecting that app so will see what happens this time.

BTW, I am using Advanced install, not easy install, because I use static IP.

Jon,

Tonight I just installed the released RC7 on my T61, using the standard install and it went without a hitch.  I had installed the test release as an upgrade to RC6 which went OK as well.  This time I did a format and clean install.  In both cases I used JFS for the boot partition.

Mark