From: "Chuck McKinnis" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] Installing rc7 on T61
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 21:38:26 -0600

Jon wrote:
On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 19:53:33 -0600 Chuck McKinnis wrote:

If you plan to use SMP, do not install APM.

Chuck:

So IIRC, under advanced install, APM is selected by default and ACPI is not.  Am I correct in understanding you are recommending unselecting APM at this point in the pre-install screen?

Thanks, Jon

Absolutely.  The SMP kernel, which was developed for Warp Server, never expected to be suspended or throttled.  Pasha is working on a patch, but I don't think it is complete yet.

--
Chuck McKinnis
1449 State Highway 14 N