From: "Jon" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] Installing rc7 on T61
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 17:29:46 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 01 Sep 2009 20:08:26 -0400 madodel wrote:

>As you point
>out the install had ACPI disabled but APM enabled.  But it booted to the
>WPS.  I enabled ACPI in the final install configuration notebook and
>everything is working fine so far.

It turns out I *must* run apm.add or else the battery widget doesn't work.  And before I added
apm.add, acpidaemon wasn't in my config.sys (or perhaps I didn't do something right when I ran the
acpi wizard?).

A problem I am having that I haven't figured out yet:

The config.sys hangs with 2 lines output "route not reachable" and after some time  'Press Enter to
continue'.  I believe the long wait before "press enter " is the wait for llaecs as noted below.

RUN=C:\MPTN\BIN\CNTRL.EXE    <-- then 2 lines on screen for route unreachable
CALL=C:\OS2\CMD.EXE /Q /C C:\MPTN\BIN\MPTSTART.CMD >NUL
RUN=C:\IBMCOM\PROTOCOL\NBTCP.EXE   <--- after Enter is pressed to continue

MPTSTART contains 'call llaecs /s /w:30'

I don't usually run dhcp client on my T61 but decided to try it out when I did my last install.  I
usually use a static IP.  The /W above is to wait for DHCPCD.

I am getting DHCP from a linksys wrt54g  I am currently using ethernet (I haven't set up wlan yet).
If I type out the commands for setup.cmd & mptstart.cmd manually after bootup I don't get any
errors so I figure it's a timing issue with not getting an IP soon enough for the config.sys to
process it.

So I am wondering if I can change something to make this work correctly.

Thanks, Jon