From: "Jon Harrison" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] Installing rc7 on T61
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 22:21:24 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 21:27:18 -0400 Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

>Kill it. Why we even have this Windowsish code on our platform is still
>a wonder to me.

Lewis:

This doesn't work.  If I don't run llaecs then I get the wrong gateway route!!

Running mptstart.cmd from startup.cmd gives me the exact same results as I get from the config.sys.

As I type this I just realized I left out a piece of the puzzle:  My linksys router is not the gateway device, it lives *inside* my
network.  And thus I use it as a hub, not as a router.  But it does provide the dhcp for my network clients (2 computers used by other family
members to run XP).  My gateway is an os/2 machine running IJFW for NAT & firewall.

Sooooo, without llaecs, even though setup.cmd defines the correct default route, the T61 see's the dhcp machine as the default route instead
of the actual internet gateway.

With llaecs active, the default route is *sometimes* correct and at other times llaecs gives it a 169 network addr.

So now I have mptstart.cmd in my startup folder.  However most of the time it still gives the linksys as the default route instead of what the
setup.cmd file tells it to do.  The command "route add default 192.168.1.10  results in an error of "ROUTE: command failed: File exists".  I
wonder what file it is refering to.  Then llaecs assigns the linksys as the gateway, which is incorrect.

If I don't run dhcpstrt and run dhcpmon instead it gets a good address immediately.  But this isn't automatic so not much of a benefit.

any other ideas?  We hashed this out over a year ago, but it was regarding wlan and static ip's.   I also just noticed that the radio is active so
maybe that is messing it all up.

thanks, jon