From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] Installing rc7 on T61
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 13:09:25 -0400

Hi, Gerry...

...... Original Message .......
On Thu, 3 Sep 2009 16:57:18 +0100 "Gerry Prosser" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com>
wrote:
>the RC7 install found both my nics (10/100/1000 and 4965 a/g/n) but
>neither work.
>
>WPA Supplicant says :
>
>"WPA: Driver used disabled group cipher 0x8 (mask 0x10) - reject
>Associated with <mac address>
>WPA: Unsupported CCMP Group Cipher key length 32 (32)
>RSN: Failed to configure GTK:
>
>any idea what that is all about ? WPA/WPA2 was one of the few things
>in RC6a that worked well for me 8-(

Sounds like mismatched WPA types. Are you using WPA or WPA2? How is your AP
configured (i.e., TKIP, AES, or TKIP+AES - the latter gives you the most
flexibility on the client side)?

As for "neither work," it appears that at least your wireless is "working,"
but we just can't get the handshake happening. What's with the wired
connection? Could you post a snippet from LANTRAN.LOG?
___
Lewis G Rosenthal
Rosenthal a Rosenthal, LLC
Sent with SnapperMail