From: "Jon Harrison" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] Installing rc7 on T61
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 21:56:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 22:46:54 -0400 Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

Lewis:

>> Yes, otherwise I'd see it on the windowlist, right?  Just the linksys providing dhcp.
>>

>Which windowlist? How is your LinkSys connecting to the rest of the network?

The window list when you press ctrl-ecs.

the linksys acts as a hub.  The 'internet' socket (port) is not used.  From my firewall/gateway os/2 v1.1 box the cable goes to one of the 4
ports on the linksys.  And another hub is attached to one of those 4 ports since the 4 ports on the linksys is insufficient for my needs.

>I rarely have DHCP issues under OS/2. Interestingly, I happened to
>expose a bug in XWLAN with my whopping 2MB hosts file. There is an

Hmmm, I never noticed a problem with my 940k hosts file when I used xwLan under rc6a and static IP.  But I didn' t use that option you
mentioned either.  Glad to hear Christian is working on a new version.

>Other than that, however, DHCP on OS/2 is fairly stable, with the

I guess I have something set incorrectly.  I bet it's in the linksys, some of those screens have caused me plenty of confusion.  But like I said,
no problem with the other family members and their XP machines (and earlier versions of Win before that).

>Indeed. I'll be interested to hear what you find. Tell me, does your
>wired interface still have a null MAC address? I expect that it does.

One of the first things I checked.  Yep, all zero's.

Jon