From: "Chuck McKinnis" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] mouse or amouse?
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 14:40:58 -0600

Jon Harrison wrote:
Somewhere in the past I read a reference referring to the preferred mouse drive for the TP.

Silver set up my T61 with amouse.

I am wondering if I should leave it be or switch to the IBM Mouse?

2 issues:

I am using comet cursor (so I can find the pointer on the screen!).  It *never* holds between reboots.  I have to toggle the setting off & on again in the amouse properties.  Anyone else notice this?

Under rc6a I could utilize the middle mouse key on the T61.  Now I can't get it to function correctly even though I've fiddled with various settings in the amouse setup.  Thanks, jon

My personal preference is the IBM single mouse driver.  It does not require any special flags for SMP support.  Unless you have some strange rodent that only amouse supports, I would use the IBM single mouse driver.

--
Chuck McKinnis
1449 State Highway 14 N