From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] mouse or amouse?
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 17:25:41 -0400

Hi, Jon...

On Sun, 06 Sep 2009 13:55:16 -0700 (PDT) "Jon Harrison"
<ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> wrote:
>On Sun, 06 Sep 2009 14:40:58 -0600 Chuck McKinnis wrote:
>>

>>My personal preference is the IBM single mouse driver.  It does not
>>require any special flags for SMP support.  Unless you have some strange
>>rodent that only amouse supports, I would use the IBM single mouse driver.
>>

>Chuck:
>
>Thanks for the very quick reply.
>
>I have mouse.sys 10.163 so will give it a shot.

I echo Chuck's sentiments. I just find less trouble overall with the IBM
driver, except in special circumstances (my 16-port KVM switch in my rack
is only partially compatoble with the IBM driver; it seems that Amouse
handles hot plugging & disconnects a bit better, so I use Amouse on my
server).

Insofar as your comet cursor isssue, what's missing is the RUN statement in
CONFIG.SYS for COMETRUN.EXE, I suspect. I had this happen once, and it took
me weeks to figure out what was up with it. I'm not in front of my machine
right now, but I'll confirm that line in my CONFIG.SYS. Supposedly, turning
that optipn on in the mouse panel should add it.
___
Lewis G Rosenthal
Rosenthal a Rosenthal, LLC
Sent with SnapperMail