From: "Jon Harrison" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] Installing rc7 on T61
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 10:05:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 08:39:59 -0400 Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

>That's true. In my setups, I either query the DNS as I described, or
>just throw in the towel and use the management tools available (there is
>a Java-based configuration utility for Novell DNS and DHCP, and there is
>the web-based iManager; either of which will list assigned hosts).

Are you doing this w/ os/2?  Last I knew many of the nifty little apps didn't work w/ OS/2.
It's been several years since I gave up on Netware and no longer run it here so I've lost touch.

>> Explains why I never had much luck when I played with dig.  ;-)
>>

>:-)  Certainly not for your local network. However, dig is the preferred
>way of querying outside sources (nslookup is considered deprecated,
>although M$ continues to use it).

The required syntax always gave me trouble, I didn't use it enough to get it down pat.

Maybe I better look at it again sometime.

Thanks, jon