From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] mouse or amouse?
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 21:26:13 -0400

Wow, this follow-up is late... Sorry...

On 09/06/09 04:33 pm, Jon Harrison thus wrote :
Somewhere in the past I read a reference referring to the preferred mouse drive for the TP.

Silver set up my T61 with amouse.

I am wondering if I should leave it be or switch to the IBM Mouse?

Unless I have a compelling reason to switch, I stick with the IBM driver. I find that for TrackPoints, it seems to work best.
2 issues:

I am using comet cursor (so I can find the pointer on the screen!).  It *never* holds between reboots.  I have to toggle the setting off & on again in the amouse properties.  Anyone else notice this?

Is POINTDD.SYS loaded?
Under rc6a I could utilize the middle mouse key on the T61.  Now I can't get it to function correctly even though I've fiddled with various settings in the amouse setup.
See above. Also, switch to the IBM driver; likely, you'll be glad you did.

;-)

Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?                www.hautspot.com
Secure, stable, operating system          www.ecomstation.com