From: "Neil Waldhauer" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] Question about T60 models
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 07:15:09 -0800

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009 08:00:07 -0500, "Martin Iturbide" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com>
wrote:

> I used to have a T61 with eComStation 2.0 RC5 installed on it. I don't
> longer have the machine.
>
> I posted my comments on this wiki page.
> http://www.os2world.com/wiki/index.php/EComStation_and_OS2_on_Lenovo_Thinkpad_T61

Thanks  Martin, and thanks to everyone who posted to the list since its
inception. Thanks to Lewis for pointing me to the archives. Before I select the
model to buy, I'm wondering if sound is as bad as all that. Martin's page says
he could only get one channel to work.

I never saw a resolution about the wired network card, either. It would be a
lot better if a non-zero MAC address can be assigned. I have frequently
assigned one in protocol.ini for some desktop machines, and I saw a recent hack
to GenMac to assign a MAC address. Is this now resolved?

I'm still leaning in favor of T60, but I can see that T61 is kind of attractive
from Martin's post, as long as sound and wired network can function.

best regards,
Neil
--
Neil Waldhauer, neil@blondeguy.com

I am a vegetarian. Well not a strict vegetarian. I do eat beef and pork...and chicken.