Gönderim Listesi ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com Ar?vli ?leti #528

Gönderen: "Carl Gehr" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Tam Ba?l?klar
Çözülmemi? ?leti
Konu: Re: [eCS T60/T61] Screen switch
Tarih: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 16:46:13 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 15:39:09 -0500, Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

>Ah... I think we may have been talking about:
>
>             gaoption lcdusebios [auto | on | off]
>
>    This option controls whether the LCD BIOS is used on laptops. This
>    option defaults to auto, which means
>    that the BIOS will be used when the laptop is booted on the LCD
>    panel, and will not be used when it is
>    booted on an external CRT monitor. If you frequently switch between
>    LCD and CRT screens, you may
>    wish to set this option to on, so that the graphics modes will be
>    limited to those that can be properly
>    displayed on the LCD panel. Note that many laptop chipset drivers
>    have been updated to have more
>    intelligent switching code, and will ignore this option.

I'm  not real clear on what/how this works.

I have tried all kinds of combinations when I need to do a
presentation.  Even with:
    LCD + VGA
set in the BIOS, the best I can get is to have the projector and no LCD
- PROVIDED I boot with the projector connected at boot time.  If I boot
without the projector, all the output goes to the LCD and there is no
way to switch.

FWIW, I should mention that I am using the SNAP graphics driver.  And a
search of the boot drive shows a file:
    O:\SNAP\gaoption.exe
So, a question for Julian:  Are you using SNAP or the Panorama driver.
I've never tried Panorama.

Should I be able to run the gaoption.exe to switch displays?

I've never tried that.  And, I don't have a projector or even a spare
CRT to use for testing.

Carl

Abone ol: Bildirim, Derleme, Fihrist.
Abonelikten ç?k