From: "madodel" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] T60 and eCS silver
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 14:00:08 -0500

Neil Waldhauer wrote:
On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 14:12:56 -0500, "Lewis G Rosenthal"
<ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> wrote:

Good luck. While you're playing, it might be more helpful for you to check out Julian's display issues, as the T61 may behave differently for me.

I spent some time on my T60, and things are improved a little bit.

Sound is now fully working with UniAud 1.9.11. It works with ACPI with no
parameters, with /SMP and with /SMP /APIC. I did not find any other build that
works. All others except 1.9.22 work poorly with system sounds, and 1.9.22
never boots.

I normally run T60 with a monitor, usb keyboard and mouse through a KVM switch.
That's fine. If I disconnect the T60 and run as a laptop with nothing
connected, it automatically switches to the LCD screen. When I plug everything
back in, it is back to the monitor. The only glitch at this point is that the
refresh rate, which works well at 60, is reset to 75, which works poorly.

My screen resolution is set to 1680 x 1050.

I upgraded the hard drive. I put in a Western Digital Scorpio Blue 500 GB
drive. It's the same rotation, 5400, but it's about 2 times faster than the
original drive, probably due to the increased data density and cache memory.

I still don't understand suspend/resume. I can suspend,  but I don't know how
to resume.

On my T61, on the rare occasion in the distant past it actually worked the only way to Resume was Fn+F4.

Mark