From: "Neil Waldhauer" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] OT: Re: [eCS T60/T61] Thinkpad 600 (was: [eCS T60/T61] Thinkpad 600)
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 06:41:04 -0800

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 12:58:57 +0000, "John Poltorak" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com>
wrote:

> Now all I need to do is get access to my pen drive and I have a useful
> little mp3 player.
>
> Can anyone give me the definite settings for accessing a USB stick under
> Warp 4 CP2 on a Thinkpad 600?
>
> Do I need the newer (2003) IBM USB drivers? Are the available anywhere?

Probably most people on this list are running the latest USB drivers under
eComStation. Those are from Dec. 2005 and BLDLEVEL reveals them to be version
10.162. However, I don't know that the 2003 versions have bugs.

> I downloaded the USB config utility as suggested but it didn't really tell
> me anything.
>
> Some suggestions for the BASEDEV=USBMSD.ADD line would be appreciated.

Here's the line in config.sys, from a Thinkpad T60 that does work with USB
sticks.

BASEDEV=USBMSD.ADD /REMOVABLES:2 /FLOPPIES:1

On a 600, you might want /FLOPPIES:0.

Neil
--
Neil Waldhauer, neil@blondeguy.com

Necessity is the mother of strange bedfellows.