From: "EDGAR" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Sender: EDGAR <edgar.scrutton@allisonstravel.on.ca>
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] T60 runs pretty hot
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 16:43:21 -0500

Lewis: If you really want to fix the screen communicate with 'Mamdouh Mohedelin" at Laptopdoctor.ca  His shop is next door to me and he is the best laptop repair in town (possibly Province). He does HP, Dell, factory work via Best Buy and Future Shop.  Certainly, if anyone can do it Mam can.

Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:
Hi, guys...

On 01/23/10 09:40 pm, Andy Willis thus wrote :
Chuck McKinnis wrote:

<snip>
I actually got a fan replacement under warranty for my T61 when it went
belly up. I wonder if there may be some quality issues with the fans in
the T6x models?

We have quite a number of T60s and T61s at work and have very few fan failures.  R400s we have a lot of issues with.

The T43's are known to have bad fans. Indeed, this  - and the possibly related heat issues - is/are the main drawback(s) to the T43 vs the T42 (the faster processor is, of course, the main advantage of the T43 over the T42).

I have a couple X60's and X61's in the field, and those seem to be doing okay in terms of fan noise & proper speed throttling (under XP; I've never even attempted eCS on one of those models!). I also have a relatively fresh build (XP) on an SL400, so we'll see if that has a similar fan experience to the R400's (although that model seems to have some other issues with it).

T61's have been good for us, so far, and I've not had anyone complain of a T60 with a fan problem.

Unrelated #1: I had one of our old T30's finally give up the ghost. The backlight went, and there seems to be a problem with both left mouse buttons (TrackPoint & UltraNav) - neither work. I could probably fix it for just a few $$ in parts, but backlights are pain (tedious).

Unrelated #2: I wish I could get SeaMonkey 1.1.18 to properly thread this list... :-(

--
The image “http://www.allisonstravel.on.ca/images/nav/header.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Email can be sent in your favored style, text or html. Please indicate your preference with your signature.

R. Edgar Scrutton
Allison's Travel Agency Ltd
167 Tecumseh Road West
Windsor. Ontario. Canada. N8X 1E8
Phone: 519-258-5404    Fax: 519-258-4880
edgar.scrutton@allisonstravel.on.ca
Running: IBM WARP (OS/2) aka: -EcomStation 1.2, 2.0 rc4,
Learn about:  Warpstock the Annual OS/2 User Conference  or;
 Mesa2, Lotus Smartsuite, Open Office Suite, SeaMonkey,  Browser and Email,
See: OS/2 - eComStation at work : http://en.ecomstation.ru/solutions/
Get: eComStation FREE demo CD download http://www.ecomstation.com/democd/
Running Windows 2000 Pro.as a Guest only under Virtual PC Host on OS/2