From: "Jon Harrison" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Installing to TP61
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:26:57 -0700 (PDT)

I'm having problems with my install, new TP61.  The problem is
probably the disk driver, evidenced by "cannot operate harddrive" -
as seen booting w/ rc4, or when booting w/ rc3 I can get to the
maintenance console but LVM does not see the drive.

My drive is a Hitachi Travelstar 7K200 HTS722020K9SA00 200GB 7200
RPM SATA.

DFSee can operate the drive.  I would think that rc4 would have a
driver that works.  In rc3 I  tried default values and the
compatible IDE driver.  I didn't specifically see a SATA driver.
In rc4 I cannot get to the install menu.

I did send all revelent data to Jan, perhaps it has to do with the
MBR or PBR.  I did try various options in dfsee but I decided to
hold off rather than to perhaps make the situation worse.  What I
didn't do, and it might be the answer, is rewrite the MBR.

I don't see anywhere in the bios to change the drive controller as
I've seen in older suggestions.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jon