From: "Andy Willis" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] T61 dead battery
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 17:11:14 -0600

Jon wrote:

By booting into XP I find that it is detected as a dead battery.  I also discovered that there is a
power option app that allows the user to perform maintenance tasks on the battery to help it
maintain a longer life.  Oh well, I guess I have to pay now for not using Windows!

Essentially what this app does is first charge the battery all the way up then run it all the way down and then charge it all the way up.  The lenovo docs suggest running the battery down to less than 3% and then allowing to charge overnight (preferably with the machine not on) about once a month or so (I don't recall the exact frequency now as it has been some time since I last read them).
Andy