From: "Chuck McKinnis" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] T61 dial up modem?
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 07:31:17 -0600

Make sure that it is enabled in the BIOS.  I can see it in Windows XP as a Thinkpad modem, but it is not detected in eCS 2.0.  Make sure \os2\boot\pcidev.tbl exists.

On 6/12/2010 11:56 PM, Jon wrote:
My T61 has a RJ-11 modem plug.  But pci.exe doesn't show one
existing.  OK, so maybe it is a so-called winmodem and
doesn't register in pci.  Then it should show in Windows.

When I boot to XP there is no modem device.  And if I open
the control panel app for phone/modem it shows the 2 usb
external devices&  a 'thinkpad modem' device - all of them as
'not available' or some similiar wording meaning they don't
exist.

Since I have an RJ-11 jack can I assume there is a modem?
Would Lenovo sell a TP w/o a modem but still include the
RJ-11 jack?  I suppose that perhaps there *might* be a place
in the bios to diable the modem but I could not find
anything.  I did have the serial port disabled but
re-enabling it did not make the modem show up.

I don't want to spend time troubleshooting something that
doesn't exist but if the RJ-11 means I have a modem then I
want to get it working so I can use my TP on dialup for an
upcoming journey to a no-wireless area.

Any ideas?

Thanks, jon

--