From: "Jon" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] T61 dial up modem?
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 11:12:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 07:31:17 -0600 Chuck McKinnis wrote:

>Make sure that it is enabled in the BIOS

OK, this was the problem.  The setting is buried 2 levels
down in the Security menu.

So now XP see's the modem and it is part of HDaudio so I
guess that makes it a winmodem.  And I also guess that means
it won't work under eCS.  PCI.exe does not see it, which I
believe is normal for a winmodem.  My pcidev.tbl is dated Sep
2009 (I haven't yet installed v2.0 GA - still running
Silver).

Guess I'll still need to look for that pcmcia modem and see
if I can make it work...

Thanks,
Jon