Poštni seznam arhiviranih sporo?il

Od: "Carl Gehr" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Glava
Izvorno E-sporo?ilo
Zadeva: Re: [eCS T60/T61] TN3270 on eCS [Was: T410: . . .]
Datum: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 22:55:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 22:16:14 -0400 (EDT), Tim Stephen wrote:

>I think there is a tn3270 client for os/2.  I've never used it but
>perhaps you have and it is not up to your requirements.  But just in
>case you didn't know, I think there is one.

Yes, there is a very good TN3270 package, Personal Communications
[PCom], that IBM provide(d).  As far as the 3270 emulation, it is all I
need.  Unfortunately, IBM has imposed an SSL requirement for certain
functions that the PCom that runs on OS/2-eCS does not support.  The
Windoze version has been enhanced to support SSL.

I'm looking at several options, including:
1) Boot Linux and run a crappy TN3270 package for the very
   limited needs that I have.  And, then boot back to eCS
   for the rest of my work.
2) Boot a Windoze image,... see Linux #1 above.
3) Move to Linux as in #1, and try to run eCS in VirtualBox
   to avoid booting back and fort.  eCS would probably then
   be used only for the functions that are a PITA to migrate,
   but the pressure to migrate will be reduced.
4) Move to Linux and try running the PCom for Win under WINE.
   I have no idea if this will work or not.  If it does, it
   will ease some of the migration issues I have getting off
   of eCS.  Then, eCS will disappear as a requirement.

So, another strike against eCS...
--
Carl