From: "Andy Willis" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] TN3270 on eCS [Was: T410: . . .]
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 07:39:00 -0600

Neil Waldhauer wrote:
On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 22:55:18 -0400 (EDT), "Carl Gehr"<ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com>
wrote:

Yes, there is a very good TN3270 package, Personal Communications
[PCom], that IBM provide(d).  As far as the 3270 emulation, it is all I
need.  Unfortunately, IBM has imposed an SSL requirement for certain
functions that the PCom that runs on OS/2-eCS does not support.  The
Windoze version has been enhanced to support SSL.

I'm also using Personal Communications/2. I'm trying to get IBM's last revision
for OS/2 (never released), but I don't know if SSL was added to that version.
However, there's a chance that OpenSSL could transport the data if the 3270
emulation session was configured for it.

Rather than SSL, my site is using the Cisco VPN, equally unsupported by eCS.

Neil
I think I have the latest version (4.3) and it does support SSL but does not support TLS like the windows version (which is what I need).
From the help:
Check the box if you want this session to use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) v3 encryption. The Telnet server to which the session connects must have SSL configured for this session.

Andy