Van: "Julian Thomas" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Volledige berichtkoppen
Ongedecodeerd bericht
Onderwerp: Re: [eCS T60/T61] T60 hangs in eCS boot
Datum: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 17:50:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 22:40:01 -0400 Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

>I was going to suggest clearing the CMOS, but it's likely that leting it
>sit drained whatever capacitor was keeping the junk floating around live.
>
>Whenever things like this occur, it is good practice to pull the battery
>& AC, press and hold the power button for 30-60 seconds (or press it
>repeatedly 10 times; it depends upon which tech you ask), then
>reassemble and power up. Alternatively, pulling the CMOS battery can do
>wonders, as can enabling AMT in the BIOS, power cycling, turning it off
>again, and power cycling, and of course, the old standby: re-seat the RAM.
>
>That said, it appears that what you were experiencing may have been as a
>result of some ACPI register not getting properly reset upon exiting
>Windows. Carl's suggestion was a good one: be sure to do a clean power
>off/on between boot cycles. In your case, though, it may not have been
>enough without the extra delay.

This is still bugging me.  If I boot the machine cold to eCS, it's OK.  If I reboot, it will boot to XP
or Linux, but not eCS.

Today it got past the problem point but then hung opening the WPS.  Reboot (power off - quickly
on) and it hung.  Later, after an off period and a boot to linux, it booted up OK.

I may have just discovered a key.  If I shutdown to a reboot, and then power off, it seems to be
OK; If I shutdown to off (where I then have to turn it off by hand) I seem to have the problem.
--
 Julian Thomas:   jt@jt-mj.net    http://jt-mj.net
 In the beautiful Genesee Valley of Western New York State!

Aanmelden: Feed, Samenvatting, Index.
Afmelden
Mail naar ListMaster