Mensaje archivado #617 de la Lista ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com

De: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Encabezados Completos
Mensaje no decodificado
Asunto: Re: [eCS T60/T61] T61 Nvidia Quadro heat issue: how I fixed it
Fecha: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 23:45:35 -0500
Para: eCS ThinkPad T60/61 Mailing List <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com>

On 11/21/10 11:15 pm, Andy Willis thus wrote :
Lewis G Rosenthal wrote:

<snip>

If I had seen this post less than a week ago, I might not have just ordered one for my wife.  It is a refurbished unit from IBM for about $400... funny that the cost of the whole is less than even one of the parts :/

LOL! My thoughts, exactly. Is the one you ordered a model with the Nvidia chip? I wonder whether during their "refurb" of the system they reflow the solder around the GPU or, for a $400 resale, just trust to luck and chalk whatever returns they get up to warranty expense.

Cheers, buddy.

Rosenthal&  Rosenthal, LLC                www.2rosenthals.com
Need a managed Wi-Fi hotspot?                www.hautspot.com
visit my IT blog                www.2rosenthals.net/wordpress