From: "Chuck McKinnis" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] Installing to TP61
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 22:55:12 -0600

Jon Harrison wrote:
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:24:15 -0600, Chuck McKinnis wrote:

I think you will need to refresh the MBR from DFSee.

New MBR code, KEEP  tables

OK, I'll try that.  I was hesitant to do that without any advise.

I also checked the bios once again.  There is a setting for SATA,
it is set for ACHI.  The only other choice is Compatible.  I tried
it w/o any luck.

You want the ACHI setting.

I also find that the dani driver on rc4 at \ecs\boot is from 2005
but the doc's indicate v1.8.1.  I assume the actual driver is in
one of the .bin files (or whatever they are called).  For kicks I
tried to define dani506.add on my usb stick as a user driver and it
refused to accept it.  Part of that problem is that no usb devices
are defined at the time of the setup screen.

Thanks for this info.
Jon

I can boot the install CD with the default parms.  I don't only because I want my CD at R: (old habit) instead of S:

--
Chuck McKinnis
http://www.7cities.net/~mckinnis/os2/

O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together. Psalm 34:3