From: "Chuck McKinnis" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] Test build of uniaud16
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 08:04:17 -0600

Paul Smedley wrote:
Hi All,

I think I've found a possible fix for the HDA hangs on second sound.

I've built a binary - available from http://download.smedley.info/uniaud16test.zip

It stops the hangs on 2nd sound using both uniaud32 1.1.4rc6 and uniaud 1.9.3 on my T60, and sound still works on an ac97 laptop.

There seems to be some slight distortion at the end of the startup sound using this uniaud16, so I intend to experiment with other values for irq/sec tomorrow, but I'm curious what others experiences are.

TIA,

Paul.

Unfortunately, I have managed to hang the desktop twice on my T61, once with 114rc6+193 and once with 114rc6+test1.  I am pretty sure that it was trying to sound a warning in both cases.  Took a power off to get out of it.  114rc6+193 gives distorted sounds, but 114rc6+test1 does fairly well.

--
Chuck McKinnis
http://www.7cities.net/~mckinnis/os2/

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth forever. Psalm 111:10