From: "Lewis G Rosenthal" <ecs-t6x@2rosenthals.com> Full Headers
Undecoded message
Subject: Re: [eCS T60/T61] Installing to TP61
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 20:38:33 -0400

Quick follow-up:

On 04/18/08 05:20 pm, Jon Harrison thus wrote :
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:26:57 -0700 (PDT), Jon Harrison wrote:

I'm having problems with my install, new TP61.  The problem is
probably the disk driver, evidenced by "cannot operate harddrive" -
as seen booting w/ rc4, or when booting w/ rc3 I can get to the
maintenance console but LVM does not see the drive.

Following up on my problem, I don't know the reason why the drive could not be operated but I have the beta rc4 installing at this
moment.
;-)
I had moved the 1st partition to make room for bootmgr at the
start.  I suspect that between the xp boot.ini, the mbr, and who
knows what else it caused the problem.  I restored with the R&R
partition and reinstalled xp.  Then I installed bootmgr behind the
xp partition (part #2).   After that I have logical ecs jfs,
logical fat32, logical os/2 jfs and finally R&R partition.

xp - ntfs primary
boot manager
rc4 - jfs logical c:
data - jfs logical e:
data - fat32 logical d:
R&R - fat32 primary

This should work well for you.
The install of rc4 has just finish.

Some observations:

No audio was detected, I believe that is normal so I left it that
way for the moment.

Correct. Even with the latest Uniaud and Paul's HDA-aware uniaud32.sys, the eCS installer will not detect the audio. If you choose to install Uniaud manually (during eCS install), the shipped version cannot access the HDA audio in the T60/61.

Install Uniaud 1.1.4 RC6 + one of Paul's builds (1.9.2 or one of the newer test versions) on top of the uniaud32.sys in the RC6 package.
Genmac:  I need to get the wLan monitor, it won't connect but I saw
no where to enter WPA info.

The WPA supplicant is part of the XWLAN package, not GenMAC. Install XWLAN, and you will be able to create a wireless profile including the WPA info.

Welcome to the club!

Rosenthal & Rosenthal, LLC
Accountants / Network Consultants
 New York / Northern Virginia           www.2rosenthals.com